• Your hosts, Mark and Mayuko (Abe), are available to help assist you with ski rental, tours and transport. Mark Stahnke has lived and skied in Japan for over 10 years. He was worked at Madarao Mountain Resort on Ski Patrol for two years and also worked as a ski instructor in Shiga Kogen. Mayuko has spent over 10 years living Australia where she worked as a Sushi Chef and had her own catering business. As well as providing excellent food and service, they can also use their language skills to help assist with connecting guests to local services such as other restaurants, ski rental, ski lessons, and local tours.
• 300m walk to slopes
• Short walk to two hot springs "onsens" to relax in this traditional Japanese experience.
• Choice of Western or Japanese style rooms, recently renovated.
• Breakfast included.
• In-house restaurant run by owner Mayuko, a trained Sushi chef.
• Free WiFi
• Recreation Room with 24-hour coffee and tea, DVD movies, fridge and microwave.
Madarao Mountain Resort is very family friendly with child care available as well as an awesome Kid’s Park with snow tubes, sleds and even a Japanese style igloo! Even the younger snow enthusiasts can try out the family friendly tree runs for some extra adventure for all ages. Unusually for Japan, Madarao Mountain Resort has a family room that can accommodate a family of five (with younger children).
Coming from Toyko you can take the Hokuriku Bullet Train to Iiyama station and then the bus from here which takes approximately 30 minutes to Madarao.
At Madarao Mountain Lodge you can stay in Western-style rooms with beds or Japanese-style tatami rooms on futons. There is also one Japanese-style room with an en-suite bathroom. The rest of the rooms have shared Western-style shower rooms. The lodge has its own restaurant and bar that provides Izakaya-style cuisine and great coffee and drinks to both in-house guests and outside customers alike. There are also two great onsen hot springs in close proximity to the lodge for those people who want to try a Japanese style bath experience.
Lodge Rooms to choose from:
1 X Family Room (Western Style/shared bathroom) Maximum 5 people
1 X Family Room (Japanese Style/Private Bathroom) Maximum 4 people
1 X Family Room (Japanese Style/ Shared Bathroom) Maximum 4 people
4 X Triple Rooms (Western Style/Shared Bathroom) Maximum 3 people
4 X Twin OR King Bed Rooms (Western Style/Shared Bathroom) Maximum 2 people